Wednesday, May 4, 2011

What If? Wed. Sketch Challenge

The What If? Wednesday challenge at The House that Stamps Built (Repeat Impression's blog) is challenging us to create a card using the sketch below, post it to your blog and link it sometime in the next two weeks for a chance at a great prize. I used one of my favorite RI stamps - Belle the Bear - and some fun accessories to create my CAS card. Belle was stamped in brown and cut out. Her dress was paper pieced and her jacket and hat embossed and paper pieced as well. I was playing with my new dies from Nestabilities and discovered I like the positive and negative of the Foral Doily Motif. So I cut it in white and in light purple, slipped some sparkly green paper under the openings and put them together to create the circular frame. I added a button flower and a line of gems to complete the sketch.

So come join us at the RI blog to see the other Rock Stars takes on this sketch and to join in the fun.

I am entering this card in the challenge at Art Impressions Stamps to use animals on our cards.

Stamping smiles, Karen
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Lynette said...

So darling, Karen! I love the paper-pieced clothing (and bear!) and the embossed jacket and hat!

Whimsey said...

Awwww.....so cute; that bear paper pieced is adorable!!

Unknown said...

So adorable Karen!! You did such a wonderful design for the dressed bear. I love it!

Miriam said...

Love your bear and the lacy die!

joy said...

Sweet card. I love your coloring on the bear.

Saron said...

So cute card!! Thanks for joining Art Impressions Challenge#14!!
Hugs,
Soili-Maria