Friday, February 18, 2011

Woodware USA and OWH Stars & Stripes Challenges

The challenge at OWH Stars and Stripes this week was to make a masculine card and at Woodware USA it was to use embossing in our cards. I had fun making this card using a new Stampin Up set and their embossing folder. I stamped the plane on white and cut out, then layered a black piece on a red piece with a red punched circle and the plane in the center, and then put the whole piece through the Big Shot with the SU embossing folder. I added the white stamped piece on the bottom and cut off the very bottom to show a red strip on the inside.

I am out of town doing the Grandma thing this weekend (Disney on Ice with my grandson and Grandpa too:), so am sharing this second post today before I go. Hope your weekend is as great as mine is going to be.

Stamping smiles, Karen
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Jan Hunnicutt said...

What an eye catching card! Thanks for playing in our challenge at Operation Write Home!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I like the texture. Adds a lot of interest. One of my favorite color combinations too! Sharla